Friday 13 March 2015

TBR | March 2015

I'm a bit late on the TBR boat again this month but it seems I am consistently posting my TBR on the 13th so at least that's some kind of schedule. I have been managing to read about six books a month this year so I am continuing to be ambitious with my TBR list. However, with two essays due this month I think six books may be pushing it slightly, especially when I have only just finished my first book of the month.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I had this book on my TBR list for a couple of months towards the end of last year and never got around to it. I pulled this one out of my TBR jar for this month so I am hoping that I will finally get around to it this month. I don't know much about this book, which I gather to be intentional from the very vague synopsis, but I do know that it is about a woman whose husband doesn't come home one night and from there his secrets begin to unravel. It had been compared to Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl and while I didn't love that book, I did like the idea of it, so hopefully this one will be like that but better.

I am still making my way through the Georgia Nicholson series with a book a month so for March we have book 7 in the series. I didn't enjoy book 6 as much as I have the previous books in the series so I am hoping this will be back to the same standard as the first five books or it might end up being a difficult one to get through.

I was in the mood for some Gayle Forman this month and, as you can maybe tell from some of my other TBR books, some slightly darker reads. This is another book I don't know too much about but I do know it is about a girl whose best friend commits suicide and she is trying to work out why. It isn't the cheeriest of topics but when it is done well, and I have faith in Gayle Forman, these kinds of stories can make great, very touching reads.

This one should be no surprise as I have been reading and loving this series over the past couple of months. I have been trying to space these books out a little so that I don't have to wait quite as long for book four to come out but I don't want to wait any longer to read the third book in the series. I gave both the first and second book 5 stars so I have high hopes for this one.

For my eBook this month, I was in the mood to read something by Jodi Picoult as I wanted something a bit darker. This is one of her books I have been wanting to read for a while and the topic, though not at all light-hearted or happy, is very interesting to me. This is about a school shooting and the events surrounding it. This is actually the one book I have already read and - Wrap Up spoiler - I was so disappointed.

Other than those five books, I am currently listening to Playlist For The Dead by Michelle Falkoff as an audiobook and it seems to be taking me some time to get through but I can hopefully get it finished this month.

What books are on your TBR for March?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment