Tuesday 31 March 2015

Top Ten Tuesday | Top Ten Books Recently Added To My TBR List

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke And The Bookish. Lists galore, I can think of nothing better!

This week's theme is books I have recently added to my TBR list. For this, I am referring to the books I have recently added to my Goodreads to-read shelf, as that's where I keep track of the books I want to read.

1. The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan
I saw this book featured in a blog post and the premise intrigued me. All I know about this book is that it is a love story told in the form of dictionary-style entries. I have no idea what that could entail but I love books that are written in unique ways like this. This is definitely one I want to check out.

2. All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
I have heard so many great things about this book that when I saw it on the 'Buy One Get One Half Price' table in Waterstones, I decided to pick it up. I had not initially added this to by TBR list, and it is a bit of a rule of mine not to buy books that were not initially on my TBR list, but it has been added now. I know very little about this book other than it appears to be a love story between two characters who are going through very difficult times in there lives. I am looking forward to getting to this one.

3. The List by Siobhan Vivian
Goodreads recommended this book to me and while I often ignore those recommendations, I was intrigued by this one. This is about a high school in which a list is posted each year labelling the prettiest and ugliest girl from each grade. This sounds to me to have a bit of a Mean Girls feel to it and is one that I am looking forward to reading in the future.

4. The Coincidence Of Callie And Kayden by Jessica Sorensen
I have no idea what this book is about but I saw it mentioned on a blog and all of a sudden I had to read it. In fact, I have already ordered it online based purely on the mention of it, the cover, and a brief glance at the Goodreads synopsis. This is why I own too many books!

5. Heat Of The Moment by Lauren Barnholdt
This is another book that I know very little about. It will be released in May and is the first in a series following three former best friends. I believe the girls write emails to their future selves and upon receiving these emails they begin to question the lives their leading. All three books in this series are being released this summer so hopefully I can get around to this series, or at least the first book.

6. Paperweight by Meg Haston
This is another 2015 release, although this one won't be published until July. This is about a girl suffering from an eating disorder and her time inside a treatment facility, where she is also dealing with the aftermath of her brother's death. I have been really into reading more serious contemporary novels recently and this sounds like something a little different but very thought-provoking.

7. Extraordinary Measures by Robyn Schneider
Here we have yet another 2015 release, and another one covering a more serious topic. This book follows two teenagers who are both suffering from an incurable disease and fall in love while in a treatment centre. This seems to be another of the books that is likely to be compared to The Fault In Our Stars but I am definitely interested in this one.

8. Between Us And The Moon by Rebecca Maizel
And onto another 2015 release. This sounds to me like you're typical contemporary 'summer love story with a twist' but who doesn't love those kinds of books. The Goodreads synopsis states that fans of Stephanie Perkins will love this so I am holding out hope that this will be a good read.

9. How (Not) To Fall In Love by Lisa Brown Roberts
There is a good possibility that I only added this to my TBR list because he cover is stunning. This is about a girl whose father abandons the family after his company goes out of business. In order to make money, she must work in her Uncle's thrift shop where, I believe, she meets a boy. This is a debut novel so hopefully I will get around to reading this for the Debut Author Challenge.

10. Near & Far by Nicole Williams
After reading Lost & Found by Nicole Williams back in February, I wanted to read the second book in the series, Near & Far, and so it got added to the TBR list. I can't say much about this book as it is a sequel but this book tells Jesse's story, which excites me as I am a little in love with him.

What books have you added to your TBR list recently?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment