Thursday 11 June 2015

TBR | June 2015

I had a really great reading month in May, reading a total of 8 books and a novella, so I'm hoping to keep that up throughout June. I am quite busy this month, meaning I might to read quite so much, so I've tried not to get too ambitious with my TBR.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This was on my TBR for May but after struggling to get my hands on a copy, it didn't arrive before I went on holiday for the last two weeks of the month. I was really excited to read it as soon as it was released, as I absolutely loved the first three books in The Selection series. I was obviously going to read this one as soon as I was able to and have already finished it.

I figured it was about time I read another 2015 debut for the Debut Author Challenge and since this is the only one I currently own, I decided this would be a good place to start. This is about four people who want to rid themselves of their labels in the two months before an asteroid hits. I don't think I've read anything like this before so I'm excited to see what I think of it. I have heard great things about it from the people in Waterstones when I was buying it, which gives me hope.

I have had this on my shelf for years and finally pulled it out of my TBR jar this month. It's been a good three years, at least, since I read a Nicholas Sparks book, and I have loved all of his books that I have read, so I'm looking forward to reading this one. This is about a soldier who meets a girl while on leave but re-enlists after 9/11, forcing him to leave her behind. I have seen this movie and really enjoyed it so I am hoping that the book will be just as good.

I was kind of on the fence about reading Paper Towns until I saw the trailer for the movie when I went to see Pitch Perfect 2. The movie looks like it's going to be great so I have decided that I need to read the book before I see the movie. I don't know much about this book but I think I will keep it like that and go into the book knowing very little about it.

I know absolutely nothing about this book and there isn't even a description on Goodreads to help me out. This is my eBook for the month that I pulled out of my TBR jar. There is a long story which explains why I came to have a lot of books on my Kindle that I did not buy and because of this, there are several books in my TBR jar that I don't know the first thing about. There is a very high chance that I will end up DNFing this book, as I haven't had great success with these random books in the past, but I thought I ought to give them all a fair go.

I finally managed to finish the audiobook of We Should Hang Out Sometime by Josh Sundquist at the beginning of June so I am hoping to at least start another this month. I have a few to choose from so I'm not completely sure which one I want to listen to, but hopefully I can start one.

That's my TBR for June, what do you plan to read this month?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment