Wednesday 6 April 2016

Haul | February & March 2016

I finally have another book haul to share! I decided that while I was being all slumpy I should put myself on a book buying ban to stop my already pretty big TBR pile from growing any more so, as the timing was convenient, I decided to give up buying books for lent. I don't usually do the whole lent thing but it did make it easier to stick to when I had a specific end date. That did mean, however, that when I was allowed to buy books again, I most definitely did so! I also bought one book before the ban started and a pre-order arrived in the middle so that stopped any buying urges.

 photo FebMar01_zpsycggyujp.jpg

Wonder by RJ Palacio - This was a complete on a whim purchase. I saw it in a charity shop and had heard some good things so decided to give it a go.

My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick - I can't resist a cute contemporary and this is always raved about so I had to pick it up.

The Start Of Me & You by Emery Lord - I really enjoyed Open Road Summer so I thought I would try some of her other stuff.

 photo FebMar02_zps1ux2rxnw.jpg

Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon - Everyone has been raving about this recently and the concept sounds really interesting.

Extraordinary Means by Robyn Schneider - I wanted to read this as soon as I found out about it early last year and I finally got my hands on it.

Flawed by Cecelia Ahern - The author of my all-time favourite book writes a YA novel, of course I'm getting that the second it's released!

The Marble Collector by Cecelia Ahern - I am aiming to read all of Cecelia Ahern's books so I'm just collecting them as I see them now.

 photo FebMar03_zpskbryax9s.jpg

The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare - I will read this and TMI this year! Or at least I'll make a start. But obviously I needed these first.

 photo FebMar04_zps5j6pfo73.jpg

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi - Finally I have decided to read this series. I was on the fence for so long but I've decided I'm doing it.

Unsouled by Neal Shusterman - I started the Unwind series forever ago so I really need to finish it this year.

Happily Ever After by Kiera Cass - I need the last book in the series right now but this will just have to do. 

 photo FebMar05_zpsq6dpveep.jpg

Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway - The cover is so pretty I just had to do it. Plus, its a contemporary (my fave) and it has great reviews.

Solitaire by Alice Oseman - As soon as I found out the main character was a blogger I knew I had to give it a go.

Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma - This book has intrigued me for so long. I mean it's incest, but everyone raves about it! I want to know what the fuss is about.

Ebooks (not pictured)

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard - So. Much. Hype. 

Dash & Lily's Book Of Dares by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan - It was cheap and everyone seems to read it around Christmas so why not.

Did I Mention I Love You? by Estelle Maskame - I must have a thing about brother/sister love stories at the moment, should I be worried?

That is everything. Hopefully I won't be buying too many books for a while, I think I need to let my back account recover a little. What have you been buying recently?

Sophie :)

1 comment:

  1. I hope you enjoy all these books! TID is one of my favourite series, so I hope you love them. I really liked My Life Next Door, so I hope you like that one too - it's a perfect summer read! Solitaire is one of my all-time favourite books, but you might be a little disappointed, because although Tori is a blogger, she blogs on Tumblr, so it's very different to on here. It's a brilliant book though! ♥

    Denise | The Bibliolater

    ReplyDelete