Tuesday 3 May 2016

Haul | April 2016

After these past few months I am most definitely needing to go on another book buying ban! Despite being so good during lent, in which I gave up buying books, I have been overindulging just a little recently. That really needs to stop though, I at least need to be staying in single figures next month!

 photo Apr01_zpsj98miz8b.jpg

Hello, Goodbye And Everything In Between by Jennifer E Smith - I've had a hit and a somewhat miss from Jennifer E Smith so I had to give her another go. Spoiler alert: this fell in the first category.

Far From You by Tess Sharpe - A mystery that everyone seems to rave about, sign me up!

Made For You by Melissa Marr - Again, a mystery that everyone raves about. I was obviously in this mood during that shopping trip.

How To Be Bad by Lockhart, Myracle and Mlynowski - This sounds like a fun summer read. It was on my list to check out so when I saw it I picked it up.

The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle - Totally on a whim purchase. I had heard some buzz around it and the synopsis intrigued me when I read the back.

 photo 9b73a2ea-ec83-4ad9-82dd-538657b4d24d_zpsh9n9a9cm.jpg

What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick - It was buy one, get one half price so I had to do it. Contemporaries seem to be my thing at the moment.

When We Collided by Emery Lord - I really enjoyed Open Road Summer so it seems only right to collect all of Emery Lord's other books.

The Art Of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson - I read a review of this and it just sounded like such an important message, I had to pick it up.

Sleepless In Manhattan by Sarah Morgan - If it has anything related to New York in the title, it is highly likely I'll pick it up.

 photo 833eed34-95bc-4444-a08c-9314c1fd685c_zpsphpbgtun.jpg

This month I discovered Read It Swap It, a website through which you swap books with other readers. I have completed three swaps through the site already, I think it's great. Here's what I've got so far.

Forever by Judy Blume - This seems to be pretty popular so I was intrigued, even though I know nothing about it.

A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall - I haven't heard the greatest things about this but it sounds like such an interesting premise.

A Nurse And Mother by Evelyn Prentice - I'm off to study nursing in September so these types of books really interest me.

Yeah, I definitely need to cut back on the book buying again! What have you bought recently?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment