Thursday 5 May 2016

TBR | May 2016

I haven't given myself a set TBR in a few months now because of being in such a slumpy mood. I usually give myself 5 books and out of the 5 I chose back in February, I managed a grand total of 1. However, now that I am getting back on track I decided to try again.

 photo Apr01_zpssl2zqvca.jpg

This was a totally random choice. I picked a spot on my bookshelf without looking and this was what I found. I only just hauled this and mentioned that I know very little about it. I know it is a very popular coming-of-age story and one several people have told me is a must-read, especially for teens. I may have missed out on it back then but I can give it a go now. It's pretty short so I should hopefully get through it fairly quickly.

This is a series of novellas and bonus features from the original Selection trilogy by Kiera Cass. With the fifth and final book in the series, The Crown, being released this month, I thought I would pick this up to get myself back into the world. I have read 3/4 of the novellas before but it will be good read them again and remind myself why I loved the original trilogy so much.

I have been planning to read this for so long now but I keep putting it off. Honestly, I am a bit scared to start this series because of how well loved and popular it is. I am really hoping to get over that this month and make a start on the series finally. I even pulled this book out my TBR jar so it must be meant to happen soon.

Cecelia Ahern is the author of my favourite book so of course I'm dying to read her first foray into YA. I know very little about this book other than it is dystopian and I think it is to do with society's obsession of perfection. I am really looking forward to seeing what she can do in this genre.

I have been reading a few NA books recently and really enjoying them so I thought this was the perfect time to pick up another. This one follows a girl who has just left her cheating boyfriend and a boy who has just left his rock star life behind as both escape to a small English seaside town. Hopefully this will be as much of a success as the last few NA books I have read.

What do you plan to read in the month of May?

Sophie :)

2 comments:

  1. Your stack is so pretty! Happily Ever After is fun. I started The Crown last night. So exciting! I loved the original Selection trilogy, but I'm loving Eadlyn's story even more. I like I just relate to her more than America.

    Happy Reading! I look forward to reading what you think of Flawed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like Eadlyn's story quite as much but i'm definitely looking forward to seeing where the story goes. I can't wait to pick up The Crown!
      I'll have a review up of Flawed as soon as I finally get to reading it!
      Thanks for visiting!
      Sophie :)

      Delete