Friday 1 July 2016

Wrap Up | June 2016

These months seem to be getting faster and faster, I can't believe it's already July! June was a pretty relaxing month for me, not much happened and I managed to get in an OK amount of reading, which I am happy about considering the first few months of the year. Hopefully with a 2 week holiday thrown in July will be better.

My Life In June...
- I spent a nice week in a little seaside town with my family.
- I graduated from university so I now officially have a Law degree.
- I celebrated my graduation with a lovely family dinner.

Watched In June...
- Chicago Fire Season 3 - 5/5
- Geordie Shore Big Birthday Bash - 3/5
- One Tree Hill Season 4 - 4.5/5
- One Tree Hill Season 5 - 4.5/5
- One Tree Hill Season 6 - 4.5/5
- The Secret Life Of The American Teenager Season 2 - 3/5
- The Boss - 3/5
- The Pacifier (rewatch) - 4/5

Read In June...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E Smith - 
This is my fourth Jennifer E Smith book and not one so far has lived up to my love of The Statistical Probability Of Love At First Sight. This follows a girl who randomly receives an email from a boy her age who turns out to be a movie star filming in her town during the summer. I did enjoy this book but I didn't love it. It was a fun, quick read and I would recommend it as a light summer read. It was enjoyable and got me in the mood for summer, with a pretty cute romance, but nothing special. 3/5

Lying About Last Summer by Sue Wallman -
I picked this up having heard nothing about it but I was intrigued by the synopsis. It is about a girl whose sister dies in a tragic accident so she is sent to a summer camp for bereaved teenagers. While she is there she starts receiving IM messages from someone who is apparently her dead sister. I was very pleasantly surprised by this book. It was a very good mystery with an ending I definitely did not see coming. It had a similar feel to We Were Liars, though the story is completely different the atmosphere of the book reminded me of that. 4/5

Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson - 
I finally got around to the book everyone was raving about last summer. This is about a girl whose best friend goes away at the beginning of summer but leaves her a list of things to do while she is gone. This book had so much hype that I was a bit nervous about it. I did end up really enjoying it, though I didn't quite love it as much as a lot of people. I had a bit of a problem with Emily and Sloane's friendship but other than that I thought it was a great, fun summer read with a good underlying message. 4/5

Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon -
So many people love this book that I was so sure I would be one of them. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. This is about a girl who suffers from a disease that basically means she is allergic to everything so can't leave her house. However, when a boy moves in next door who wants to get to know her, things get complicated. I didn't hate this book, there were a lot of things I really liked. I loved the unique way this was written (that itself has gained one star), I somewhat liked the story but I wasn't a huge fan of the characters and had some real problems with the end. 3/5

Kindred Spirits by Rainbow Rowell -
This was a short story written for World Book Day. It is about a girl who decides to camp out for the new Star Wars movie, however there turn out to only be two others doing the same. Somehow, Rainbow Rowell manages to do the same thing in 62 pages as she does in full length novels. This was really cute and fun and I definitely enjoyed it. I know pretty much nothing about Star Wars so a lot of the references went straight over my head, but I did still like it. 3/5

Blogged In June...
- I posted a mini review of Sea Of Monsters by Rick Riordan.
- I shared my May Wrap Up and Haul.

What was the best thing you read in June?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment