Monday 6 February 2017

Mini Review | Crossing The Line by Katie McGarry

Image and video hosting by TinyPicCrossing The Line by Katie McGarry
Series: Pushing The Limits #1.1
Published On: April 1, 2013
Published By: Harlequin Teen
Genre: Contemporary
Pages: 67
Format: eBook
Source: Bought
Rating: ★★★

Amazon | Goodreads

Lila McCormick, Echo's best friend from Pushing the Limits, first met Lincoln Turner when tragedy struck both their lives. But she never expected their surprise encounter would lead to two years of exchanging letters—or that she’d fall for the boy she’s only seen once. Their relationship is a secret, but Lila feels closer to Lincoln than anyone else. Until she finds out that he lied to her about the one thing she depended on him for the most. 
 Hurting Lila is the last thing Lincoln wanted. For two years, her letters have been the only thing getting him through the day. Admitting his feelings would cross a line he’s never dared breach before. But Lincoln will do whatever it takes to fix his mistakes, earn Lila’s forgiveness—and finally win a chance to be with the girl he loves.

This was a decent novella.
It wasn't as good as the first book in the series but for a novella it was okay. There just wasn't as much of a story as I would have liked.

I loved the letter aspect.
I thought it was a really great aspect to the story that Lila and Lincoln fell in love through letters. I just wish we had gotten to see more of that side of the story, I think it would have been more interesting that what we did get.

Who is Lincoln?
I really wanted to see more of Lincoln's family life and just get to know him a bit more. I feel like we got to know Lila through Echo in Pushing The Limits but we got to know very little about Lincoln in this novella. His family life sounded very interesting and I would have loved to see more of that.

It was a bit juvenile.
The whole not being able to spend the night alone when her parents were away story just seemed a bit silly for me. At that age you should really be able to stay home alone. Also the whole 'revenge plot' part of the story, and the need for the revenge (I'm trying not to give away spoilers here, it's hard), was just silly and immature. I would expect that kind of situation in a book about younger high school kids but not when the characters are about to go to college.

Echo. Echo. Echo.
I swear Echo was mentioned in every one of Lila's chapters and it just seemed a bit much. It was as though we needed to be reminded constantly that this novella was part of the Pushing The Limits series. We get it!

Overall, I did think this was a good novella, despite my review seeming to say otherwise. I did enjoy it I just had a few issues. It was a decent story and while it didn't add much to the series, it was good to revisit Lila and read her story.

No comments:

Post a Comment