Monday 13 February 2017

What I've Been Watching | January 2017

I mentioned in my January Wrap Up that I wanted to separate the 'what I've been watching section' of my Wrap Ups as I wanted to go into more detail about the things I have been watching. I love movies and TV shows just as much as I love books and I wanted to talk about them more. I just recently posted the Netflix & Books Tag, which mentioned some of my favourite shows, but now I wanted to share with you what I was watching in the month of January.

TV
I didn't watch a lot of TV in January for some reason. I was on holiday for a week without TV and when I was home I guess I just spent my time reading instead. This definitely isn't a normal month for me TV wise, I usually watch a shameful amount of TV.

 photo once-upon-a-time_zpskbuuk4ti.png

Once Upon A Time - I have been working my way through the first season of OUAT for a few months now but couldn't get into it. I tried to power through and watch some more in January but after a few more episodes, I think I got about half way through the season, I decided to give up. I just don't think this show is for me, despite how much everyone seems to love it. There are just so many shows I want to watch, I don't want to waste my time on something I'm not enjoying.

What It's About: "A young woman with a troubled past is drawn to a small town in Maine where fairy tales are to be believed."

 photo suits_zpsl1vacxts.jpg

Suits - I have been binge watching Suits for a couple of months now. I watched the first two seasons in a couple of weeks back in December, and loved them, but just couldn't get through Season 3 quite as quickly. I don't know if I'm maybe just a bit bored of the storylines and needing to take a bit of a break from it. I liked Season 3, just not as much. I have started Season 4 but I think I'll be taking my time with it.

What It's About: "On the run from a drug deal gone bad, Mike Ross, a brilliant college-dropout, finds himself a job working with Harvey Specter, one of New York City's best lawyers."

Movies
Again, I didn't actually watched a ton of movies in January. The only movies I watched were the ones I watched on the plane while on holiday. I did find a movie I absolutely love though, so I guess quality or quantity.


 photo MV5BMTUzOTg1OTM4NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTg2Mjg0OTE._V1_UX182_CR00182268_AL__zps4xnqzqya.jpg

Nerve - This is the movie I absolutely fell in love with. It's based on the book by Jeanne Ryan, which I haven't read but do want to. This movie is just so much fun! It's basically a giant game of dares and I love things like that. I'm not usually a fan of Emma Roberts but I did really like her in this movie and I love Dave Franco so it was great to see him in a different role for him. I have already bought the DVD and watched it again this month.

What It's About: "A high school senior finds herself immersed in an online game of truth or dare, where her every move starts to become manipulated by an anonymous community of "watchers.""

 photo 91KzUfd11HL._SY445__zpsk3rjmdhm.jpg

Bad Moms - This is your typical feel-good comedy. It's no artistic masterpiece but it was laugh-out-loud funny. I absolutely love both Mila Kunis and Kristen Bell and the two of them together was amazing. I would definitely recommend this if you want something that doesn't take much thinking about. It does have a really great message but it doesn't take a lot of brain power. Apparently there is a sequel 'Bad Mom's Christmas' coming this year and I will definitely be watching that.

What It's About: "When three overworked and under-appreciated moms are pushed beyond their limits, they ditch their conventional responsibilities for a jolt of long overdue freedom, fun, and comedic self-indulgence."

 photo Storks_film_poster_2_zpsxio7pod9.jpg

Storks - I'm very hit or miss with animated movies, I'm not one of these people who are obsessed with them. I thought this was a pretty good movie. I loved the idea of it and I really loved the diversity shown at the end. This isn't a movie that I will watch again but I do think it's a fun movie for kids and adults alike, with a good message.

What It's About: "Storks have moved on from delivering babies to packages. But when an order for a baby appears, the best delivery stork must scramble to fix the error by delivering the baby."

That is everything I watched in the month of January. Please don't leave any spoilers in the comments, no-one likes spoilers. What have you been watching recently?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment