Wednesday 12 April 2017

Bullet Point Reviews | The Forgotten Few

Over the past few years I have been blogging, there have been several books that I just never got around to reviewing. I make notes for reviews immediately after finishing a book but I have never been very good at writing and posting reviews shortly after reading the book (although I am getting better at that this year). This means that there are several books from the past few years that I have review notes for but have never actually reviewed. I didn't want to just not review those books so I decided, rather than trying to remember details about books I read up to two years ago to write a full review, I would just share with you the notes I made. So here we have the first of my bullet point reviews.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAttachments by Rainbow Rowell
Published On: April 14, 2011
Published By: Plume
Genre: Adult, Contemporary
Pages: 323
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought
Rating: ★★★★
Amazon | Goodreads

- Adorable, funny story.
- I loved how it was written and the email format.
- I have previously been disappointed by popular authors' first books but this was great and hard to believe it was her first.
- It was so much more than I expected, particularly the family and friends aspect.
- I worried about connecting with Beth and Jennifer's characters if we were only getting to know them through their emails but I had no problems and ended up loving them. They are very witty, fun characters.
- I also loved Lincoln, he was quirky, adorable and unintentionally funny.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
Series: Vampire Academy #1
Published On: January 2, 2007
Published By: Razorbill
Genre: Paranormal
Pages: 332
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought
Rating: ★★★
Amazon | Goodreads

- This was just an OK book for me.
- I don't really understand the hype around it but I do see potential and I have heard the series gets better as it goes on.
- I liked the different types of vampire, the magic and the history.
- I liked the friendship between Rose & Lissa, although it was a bit intense at times.
- I really liked the romance and the lack of instalove.
- There's nothing terribly wrong with this book, I just didn't find anything special about it.
- I will continue with this series at some point.


Image and video hosting by TinyPicWhere She Went by Gayle Forman
Series: If I Stay #2
Published On: April 5, 2011
Published By: Dutton
Genre: Contemporary
Pages: 264
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought
Rating: ★★★★★
Amazon | Goodreads

- Love, love, love.
- I loved Adam, even though I didn't in If I Stay.
- I loved the relationship, again even though I didn't previously.
- I really connected with the characters and was rooting for them throughout.
- I really felt for Adam, even though he was a bit of a jerk.
- I just loved everything about it.


Image and video hosting by TinyPicOpen Road Summer by Emery Lord
Published On: April 15, 2014
Published By: Walker Children's
Genre: Contemporary
Pages: 352
Format: Audiobook
Source: Audible
Narrated By: Rebecca Gibel
Rating: ★★★★
Amazon | Goodreads

- This is the perfect summer read.
- It's a great story of friendship.
- The whole book just reminded me of Taylor Swift. It did seem like Lilah's character was loosely based on her.
- I really loved all the characters, especially Reagan.
- I loved the relationships but the best part about them for me was that they were never more important than the friendships.


I know these reviews are not the most helpful but I wanted to share some of my thoughts on these books. If you want to know any more of my thoughts on a particular book, just let me know.

Sophie :)

1 comment: