Wednesday 3 May 2017

Wrap Up & Haul | April 2017

I say it every month but this year is going crazy fast, how is it May already?! I'm glad to see May, though, as it means I am on holiday from university for two months and boy do I need it! Even with placement being over, my April was still pretty busy with classes and assessments, as well as a couple of gigs and bit of a social life for the first time in a while. I did read a bit more in April than the couple of months before but not as much as I had hoped. There's always May, right? I read a total of 3 books in April, one was a reread and one was my most anticipated book of 2017.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Chasing Nikki by Lacey Weatherford -
I got this ebook on a whim, I think because it was either free or super cheap, and wasn't expecting much from it when I finally decided to give it a go. I was pleasantly surprised actually. It wasn't anything great but I did enjoy it. It's about a boy with a troubled past who is moved to a small town to live on his grandparents ranch and decides to pursue a girl at his new school. It's nothing new or really special but it is a lot darker than you would expect and it takes some pretty shocking turns.
Rating: 3/5 | Review

Flawed by Cecelia Ahern -
This is the first book in Cecelia Ahern's YA duology, and her first YA book. I reread this in preparation for the sequel and loved it just as much the second time around. I love the premise of this book and the dystopian society in which it is set. I go into more detail in my review but there are so many relevant messages throughout this book that we need to think about as a society. I just love this book a lot.
Rating: 5/5 | Review

Perfect by Cecelia Ahern -
This is the second book in the duology, the sequel to Flawed. I didn't love this book as much as the first, which was a little disappointing, but I did really enjoy it. I loved how the story continued and eventually wrapped up and there were still the same messages running through that I think are so important. I just had a bit of an issue with one aspect, which I talk about in my review.
Rating: 4/5 | Review | ATY Challenge: #40 Published in 2017

I did pretty well with my book buying in April, which I was quite proud of. Despite reaching the next 5 book goal and being able to buy books, I managed to restrain myself and haven't bought anything yet! I did receive my pre-order of Perfect and also received one book for review.

The Beat On Ruby's Street by Jenna Zark - This is a middle grade historical fiction novel and it sounds like a fun read. I have been wanting to read more historical fiction since reading The Book Thief and I feel like this, as it's aimed at middle grade readers, won't be too much for me.

Here's hoping I have a better reading month in May and get back on track with my Around The Year challenge, which I am way behind on. What was the best thing you read in April?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment