Tuesday 20 June 2017

Top Ten Tuesday | Top Ten Series I've Been Meaning To Start

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke And The Bookish. Lists galore, I can think of nothing better!

This week's theme is one that I have no difficulty creating a list for, top ten series I've been meaning to start but haven't yet. I made a list of the ten series I wanted to read this year, including some that I want to start, at the beginning of the year, but there are so many series I need to pick up that I definitely have enough for another list.

This is like my number 1 series I need to start right this minute. I have owned the first book, Cinder, for a good 2/3 years now but just haven't picked it up. I have no excuse, it needs to happen!

As soon as I heard about Cruel Beauty, before it was even published, it went straight to the top of my Goodreads TBR, where it has remained for 3 years. I now own the first book so I have even less of an excuse for not having picked it up yet.

This is another one that went straight to the top of my Goodreads TBR when I heard about the first book but as this series has gone on it has become more and more intimidating. Have you seen the size of the third book? You could kill someone with that thing!

My excuse for not reading a lot of series is that there are not many contemporary series, or at least ones I am interested in. Apparently that excuse is irrelevant as I have had the first book in this series sitting on my shelves for a good 2 years and haven't picked it up yet.

I'm actually extremely ashamed of the fact I haven't read this series. The movie based on these books was one of my favourites when I first watched it, before I even knew this series existed. I feel like this is the perfect series to read in the summer so I may have to start it soon.

I initially wasn't interested in this series but the fact that everyone seems to absolutely love this series was the thing that intrigued me. I think the way these books are written is something I would really enjoy, I'm not sure Sci-Fi is my thing though, which is why I haven't picked Illuminae up yet. I need to give it a go.

Kasie West is one of my favourite authors but I have only ever read her contemporary books. This series is fantasy/paranormal I believe and the synopsis sounds really interesting so I definitely want to check it out soon and see if I love it just as much as her contemporaries.

Technically I can't read this trilogy until I have read City Of Glass and City Of Ashes so I have an excuse for this one. I have no excuse for not having read books 2 and 3 in The Mortal Instruments series though. I'm trying to work my way through all of these interrelated series but there are just so many books.

This is another series I has no interest in initially but for some reason have become interested quite recently. I own the first book but obviously I'm not interested enough as I haven't picked it up yet. I know very little about this series but I know I need to read it soon.

Unlike all the other series in this list, I have actually picked up the first book in this series once before. I read about 50 pages but just wasn't in the mood for it so put it down and haven't picked it up again yet. I own the whole trilogy and I know I could easily marathon them if I was in the mood.

I have so many series that I really want to start and listing them like this is a little overwhelming. I just want to read all of the books! Hopefully I can check a couple off this list by the end of the year, fingers crossed. What series do you really need to pick up soon?

Sophie :)


10 comments:

  1. Yes, start The Lunar Chronicles ASAP. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know, it needs to be done! Of all of these I think that's likely to be the first one I start.

      Delete
  2. Um, definitely read The Lunar Chronicles and the Pivot Point duology ASAP. To All the Boys I've Loved Before is a super fun, fast read, so I hope you can get to that series as well soon.

    My TTT: http://bookworm716.blogspot.com/2017/06/top-ten-tuesday-series-i-need-to-keep.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, Cinder is added to my July TBR! I think as soon as I get my hands on the Pivot Point duology I'll read it, but then again I said that about most of the series sitting on my shelves.

      Delete
  3. The Lunar Chronicles has a really good concept and I've heard so many incredible things about it, but I couldn't connect to the writing style. Similarly with Illuminae - excellent concept, but the sci-fi story itself felt a little generic. I'm so hit-and-miss with sci-fis because so much can go wrong, but I hope you have better luck with them than I do!
    I actually read The Infernal Devices before The Mortal Instruments (I didn't know they were related) and I adored that series. TMI has a more memorable cast of characters, but I infinitely preferred the story in TID. I definitely need to reread those books! Great list :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read very little, if any, sci-fi and I think thats why I'm hesitant to pick up Illuminae, and The Lunar Chronicles as well actually since that has sci-fi aspects. I just need to venture out of my comfort zone, hopefully I'll enjoy them both.
      I have heard quite often that the story in TID is better but I'm a stickler for reading everything in order so I'm putting it off for now.

      Delete
  4. The Shatter Me books were on my list this week too. I tried the first Lunar Chronicles books and wasn't a huge fan but I've heard the series gets better so I'm willing to give the rest of the books a shot. I loved The Sisterhood of The Traveling Pants books when I was younger and yes, they are the perfect books to read in summer.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/06/20/top-ten-tuesday-112/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard that about the Lunar Chronicles, they seem to also get much bigger as the series continues! Hopefully you enjoy the next books more than the first. I have the first Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants book on audio so I can listen to it on my work commute this summer and pretend I'm on the beach.

      Delete
  5. I really loved The Lunar Chronicles, so I hope you get to that one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the first book with me on holiday so I'm hoping to get to it this week!

    ReplyDelete