Sunday 2 July 2017

Tag | Life's A Beach Book Tag

Today is officially my last day of Summer! Everyone else in my area is just finishing school/work/etc for summer and making me incredibly jealous by posting pictures of beautiful beaches and poolside views on social media while I am preparing to start placement tomorrow. With it being my last day of summer, I thought I would make it a summery post and do the Life's A Beach Tag created by The Left-Handed Book Lover. This tag seems like so much fun and if you're one of the lucky people not having to work tomorrow, I hope this gets you in a summer mood.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1. The Sand - A book that stuck with you long after you finished reading
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by JK Rowling, John Tiffany and Jack Thorne was one of the first books I read in June and I haven't stopped thinking about it since. I spent most of the past month wanting to reread it. It was just so much fun to read and the most enjoyable read of the year so far.

2. The Sun - A book that burned you
I'm taking question to mean a disappointing book, one that I expected to love and was let down by, so for that I have to go with Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell. I was so sure I would love this book but I really disliked it and it was such a disappointment that I felt like that about a Rainbow Rowell book since I usually love her work.

3. The Waves - A book that calms you down after a long day
For some reason I always reach for Twilight by Stephenie Meyer if I'm in a bad mood and need cheering up or if I need some kind of distraction. I think it's because I've read it so many times that I don't need to think too much about what I'm reading to know what's happening.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4. The Bathing Suit - A book with a pretty, summery cover
The cover for Kasie West's 2018 release Love, Life And The List has just recently been revealed and it looks pretty summery to me. It's a pretty typical Kasie West cover but I think it's so pretty.

5. The Birds - A book that is everywhere
I have been constantly seeing Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch recently, so much so that I bought it to see what the fuss was about despite knowing nothing at all about it. It's another one with a cover I love.

6. The Fun Memories - A book you can't wait to return to
I'm desperate to reread Where Rainbows End (Love, Rosie) by Cecelia Ahern. It's one of my all-time favourite books but I have only ever read it once. I need to relive this story and remind myself why I love it so much.

I'm in a really summery mood now and I don't even have nice weather to go and make the most of on my last day. I guess I'll just have to read a lot of summery contemporaries over the next couple of months to make me feel like I'm still on holiday. What books make you feel the most summery? Any recommendations for me?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment