Tuesday 9 January 2018

Top Ten Tuesday | Top Ten Books I Meant To Get To In 2017 But Didn't


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke And The Bookish. Lists galore, I can think of nothing better!

This week's Top Ten Tuesday, the last one hosted by The Broke And The Bookish before it moves to That Artsy Reader Girl next week, is one that I could write an endless list about. The theme is books you meant to read in 2017 but didn't get to and, to be perfectly honest, that is basically every book on my shelves for me! However, I have managed to narrow it down to the ten I really should have got to last year.

1. Cinder by Marissa Meyer - I have lost count of how many times I have said this book is my top priority for the year, yet I still have not read it. I am ashamed.

2. City Of Ashes by Cassandra Clare - I want to finish this series but for some reason I'm just not picking up this book. I read City Of Bones in 2016, I need to get to this!

3. Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn - There is no good explanation for why I haven't read this book despite being desperate to read it after reading Dark Places two whole years ago.

4. By Your Side by Kasie West - One of my most anticipated books of 2017 and it has sat on my shelf since the day it was published. 

5. The Names They Gave Us by Emery Lord - Everyone loved it and I was so looking forward to getting my hands on it. I did but I still haven't read it.

6. Wilde Like Me by Louise Pentland - I went to a signing for this book and go so excited for it while hearing Louise talk about it. I even promised her I was going to start it as soon as I got home. That didn't happen.

7. UnSouled by Neal Shusterman - I just need to finish this series already! I've been reading it forever and was sure I would finish it in 2017 but never did.

8. The Hanging Girl by Eileen Cook - I got an ARC of this from Netgalley and everything but I still haven't read it. I guess this makes me a bad blogger as well.

9. It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover - I was definitely going to read a Colleen Hoover book in 2017. I didn't.

10. The Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald - Every year I say I'll read at least one classic. Every year I say it will be this one. Every year I read no classics.

If I don't read all of these books by the end of 2018, someone please shout at me! I don't even know why I haven't read all of these yet, other than the fact that I just have too many books I want to read and not enough time to do it in.

What books did you mean to read in 2017 and didn't manage to?

Sophie :)

6 comments:

  1. The Names They Gave Us was one of my favorite books of 2017. Hope you can get to it soon!

    My TTT: https://bookworm716.blogspot.com/2018/01/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-meant-to-read.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard so many amazing things about it, it is definitely a top priority for this year!

      Delete
  2. Cinder was amazing! It took me a while to read it (after the series was finished) but once I did I was half kicking myself for not reading it sooner. But no being ashamed about it-you will get there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will get to it eventually! I know I want to read it, I just never seem to pick it up.

      Delete
  3. I'm forever behind on my classics quota. I keep saying I'll read more and then, idk, the queue is all filled up with nary a classic! I read The Great Gatsby in high school, but I'd like to re-read it as an adult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read very few classics, I need to make a conscious effort to read them but there's always something else I would rather pick up.

      Delete