Thursday 4 January 2018

2017 | Bookish Statistics

As I have done for the past couple of years, I have compiled some of my reading statistics for the past year to share with anyone who, like myself, finds statistics strangely interesting. I'm using the same little survey as I used last year, many parts of which have been borrowed from similar posts by other bloggers over the years.



Number Of Books Read...
- In Total: 49
- Under 250 Pages: 11
- Between 251-399: 28
- Between 400-449: 5
- Between 450-499: 3
- Over 500: 2

Number Of Pages Read...
- In Total: 14, 930

Number Of...
- Hardcovers: 9
- Paperbacks: 15
- eBooks: 17
- Audiobooks: 8
- Re-Reads: 1
- DNFs: 4

Number Of Books Rated...
- 5 Stars: 2
- 4.5 Stars: 1
- 4 Stars: 16
- 3.5 Stars: 3
- 3 Stars: 17
- 2.5 Stars: 1
- 2 Stars: 8
- 1.5 Stars: 1
- 1 Star: 0

Authors Read...
- Male: 7
- Female: 38
- Mixed: 4

Age/Genre...
- Adult: 14
- New Adult: 0
- Young Adult: 38
- Children's: 1
- Most Read Genre: YA Contemporary

This & That

- Longest By Pages: The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak
- Shortest By Title: You by Caroline Kepnes
- Longest From Buying To Reading: Heart Of The Matter by Emily Giffin
- Shortest From Buying To Reading: Perfect by Cecelia Ahern

- First Read Of 2017: The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak
- Last Read Of 2017: Dash & Lily's Book Of Dares by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan
- First On Your Bookcase: Life And Death: Twilight Reimagined by Stephenie Meyer
- Last On Your Bookcase: No Place To Hide by Susan Lewis

I really love looking at my reading year in this way and breaking down all the statistics. I find this very helpful in setting my goals for the coming year. My star ratings from last year are particularly interesting to me, for example, as they seem to be lower on average than the last few years. This suggests to me there might be something I need to work on in 2018.

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment